What are the most Important SEO Metrics?
Category - SEO
SEO is an important topic for every business. It dictates how your website ranks in search engines which means that it influences the number of visitors you get and the conversion rate,
There are a lot of different metrics that you could track when it comes to SEO, so see below what we feel are the most important SEO metrics.
What are the most important SEO Metrics?
- Organic Traffic. This is perhaps the most obvious metric, but it’s still important to track. You want to see how much traffic your site is getting from organic search results.
- Keyword Rankings. Another important metric is your website’s rankings in the search engines. You want to track your progress and make sure that your site is moving up in the rankings.
- Backlinks and referring domains. The number of links that your site has is also an important metric. links are a key factor in SEO, so you want to make sure that your site has plenty of them.
- Top exit pages. Exit pages are the last page a visitor views before they leave your website. So you want keep an eye on these, so you can up your game.
- Revenue. Most will tell you that revenue is a KPI – well they are wrong, it’s a metric! And a very important one at that!
- Organic Conversion Rate. Finally, you’ll want to track your conversion rate – that is, the percentage of visitors who take a desired action on your site (such as making a purchase
- Page Speed. One of the most important metrics of all – if your landing pages are too slow, you will have a very high bounce rate.
- Core Web Vitals. A little more on the technical seo side, however, this is based on URL performance. In a nutshell, these improve user engagement, and user experience.
How to Track Your Important SEO Metrics
There are a lot of different metrics that you could track when it comes to your key performance, however, which ones are the most important? Here are a few key metrics that you should keep an eye on:
- Organic Traffic levels. The level of traffic that your website is getting. Look at both the overall volume of traffic and the quality of the traffic (based on things like bounce rate and time on site).
- Leads and sales. If you’re running an ecommerce website, then you’ll want to track how many leads and sales you’re getting because of your SEO efforts. This will give you a good indication of whether your SEO strategy is working.
- Revenue. Revenue focused SEO relies entirely on the fact that everything is tracked and measured accurately. This will give you an indication of how well your SEO efforts are paying off.
What is the least important SEO Metric?
- Vanity Metrics – As a business owner, vanity metrics should be your least favourite friend, obviously, you want your website to rank as high as possible in the search engines, however it’s revenue that’s generated from rankings that pays the bills.
Remember, we’re focusing on the SEO metrics that matter to the business – sales, leads, and customer enquiries. It’s seriously important that you remain focused on this and don’t lose your way by being distracted by vanity metrics, and ranking factors.
Reasons for Implementing a Tracking System
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to implement a tracking system for your business. Perhaps you want to increase your organic visibility and reach, or you may be looking to improve your sites overall performance. In any case, tracking your SEO metrics can be a helpful way to gauge its success and identify areas for improvement.
Another important metric to track is your sites engagement. This can help you see how people are interacting with your content, and whether they’re finding it useful or interesting. Engagement data can also be used to identify which topics are most popular with your readership, and which ones might need more work.
Tracking your SEO performance can be a helpful way to gauge its success and identify areas for improvement. By keeping an eye on these figures, you can ensure that your site is on the right track and making the most impact possible.
SEO is a complicated and ever-evolving field. To make your website more visible to customers, you must understand the basics of how search engines rank websites. Monitor important SEO metrics and make changes to your website accordingly to improve your traffic numbers.
Need to rank better in search?
Whether your desired reach is local or global, hiring us to help you rank number one in search engine results is the best investment you can make. Contact us today, and let’s get started!